Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#214272 - 24/04/2004 12:39 Odd AC -> DC volume prob
SonicSnoop
addict

Loc: Triangle, VA
I dont know the exact pattern for this, but it seems when ever I have had the Empeg running on AC and then go get in the car and boot up almost every time its volume is all the way down. then once i set it its fine in DC every time it boots up, take it in the house it boots up fine, vol where its suppose to be, then go back to the car and then its all the way down again. Im running v2 final of the software, and the newest hijack. Anyone else expierence this? Thanks
-D Modifying and Tweaking is a journey, not a destination................................ MKIIa : 60gig - 040103286 - Blue - v2 + PCATS tuner MKIIa : 20gig - 040103260 - Blue - v3a8 + Mark Lord Special Edition Cherry Dock

#214273 - 24/04/2004 13:04 Re: Odd AC -> DC volume prob [Re: SonicSnoop]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
It's supposed to remember the DC volume level at which the player was last shut off (either yanked out of the dash, or ignition shut off and the timeout expired). It's supposed to be completely unrelated to anything you've done when the player is on AC.

1. Remember that it saves the AC and the DC volume settings separately. Are you expecting the DC volume level to be the same as the AC volume level? It's not.

2. Are you sure you're not just turning the volume down before you take it out of the car?

3. Is the volume the only thing that's reset? If you are also losing other settings, such as the balance, fader, its song position within the current playlist, and anything else that's stored in flash memory, then you're getting something very strange going on where it's losing all flash settings. That's not good.

4. Have a peek at this.

5. The latest version of Hijack lets you set the power-on volume. It's a feature that Mark implemented at my request, but it should be deactivated by default. Have you accidentally used that feature to force it to boot at zero volume? I think the options are "Use Current Volume" and "Use Previous Volume". Make sure to set it to "previous" (or whatever the option is) in order for it to work normally.

#214274 - 25/04/2004 09:09 Re: Odd AC -> DC volume prob [Re: tfabris]
SonicSnoop
addict

Loc: Triangle, VA
No, Im not expecting the two to be the same, I do turn the volume down to about -35 but not completelty off. But on boot it is completely off, only when coming from AC power to DC. Yes the volume appears to be the only thing that resets. I havent messed with the eq yet so I dont know if that does yet or not. The song/position in the playlist stays fine. It was originally set to Previous Volume, but I just switched it to Current Volume yesterday to see if that would help with this issue. and it didnt.
-D Modifying and Tweaking is a journey, not a destination................................ MKIIa : 60gig - 040103286 - Blue - v2 + PCATS tuner MKIIa : 20gig - 040103260 - Blue - v3a8 + Mark Lord Special Edition Cherry Dock